Ronstan Series 8 Ballside Car - Batten, Quick Release.
Patented system uses low profile cars running on twin races of Torlon® ball bearings. Cars use the existing luff groove of the mast (no track or installation work required). Ball bearings are captive for easy loading and unloading of cars from mast. They can be easily switched between fully battened and “soft luff” mainsails. Minimum distance from mast to mainsail luff enhances mainsail efficiency.
With a complete range of car profiles and feet there is a Ballslide solution for most available mast profiles and luff groove shapes on boats up to 18m (60ft)
- Monohulls to 18m (60ft) or sail area 60 m2 (646 ft2)
- Multihulls to 13m (43ft) or sail area 48 m2 (517 ft2)
- Suits narrow (N1-N7) feet
- Alloy car bodies
- Torlon ball bearings
FASTER, EASIER AND SAFER
Sailing professionals around the world choose Ronstan batten systems for superior and innovative features combined with race-proven performance and reliability.
- With 7 track sizes in the standard product range, there is a system with the right specifications for every boat and sail plan.
- The range includes all elements for a complete system, including headboard plates and batten receptacles.
- Easy track installation using patented slug connectors.
- Ball Bearing cars run on twin races of recirculating ball bearings that engage with the track profile for excellent all round performance, even when reefing while sailing off the wind.
Cars run on twin races of Torlon® ball bearings specifically designed for the high compression loads of these systems. Machined alloy end caps ensure precision bearing performance and durability of the cars. Reef cars are available for the larger track sizes for higher strength at critical loading points.
Luff Groove tracks allow racer/cruisers to switch between their "soft luff" racing mainsail and their full batten cruising mainsail. These tracks are usually bonded to carbon masts with special adhesives or mechanically fastened to alloy masts.
A patented connector slug system, compatible with a wide range `of mast profiles, is available for Series 19 to 30 track sizes. The system enables installation of the track over an existing luff groove without lowering the mast, drilling and tapping for fasteners, or other complications. The slugs are self-locating, for simple, reliable installation.