Makes a Pre-form recess in the layup stage of GRP hulls that fits exactly a TruDesign approved Recessed Skin Fitting - Saves complex machining of bevelled edges in the GRP hull ideal for OEMs.
- Bevelled Edges are now part of the Gelcoat - The integrity of the hull is maintained, minimising wicking down end grain and delamination.
- Injection moulded Polypropylene material - ‘Waxy’ feel to material gives non-stick properties for easy-removal from the hull.
- Reversed text size info embossed on part - After removal from the hull the size of the hole saw required and size of the Recessed Skin Fitting to use is left imprinted on the fibreglass (reading the correct way).
- Centre drill locator - Forms an indentation in the centre of the recess perfect for positioning the centre drill of a hole saw in to before cutting.
- Gluing ‘channel’ - Forms a channel directly under the flat face of a Recessed Skin Fitting head for increased contact with the adhesive or sealant.